At BISL, our values guide us each and every day. I am delighted to announce that we will add the three further values of responsibility, integrity and compassion.
We will share the same values with all schools across the Orbital Education family from August 2021. All staff, students and parents in the Orbital family of schools are proud to be united under these five shared values.
We finished the academic year with three Appreciation Day celebrations, showing our gratitude to our Students, Teachers and Parents here at BISL. This event series was a wonderful opportunity to recognise and value the support, dedication, kindness and encouragement that we get from everyone in our community. You will see a gallery of photos from these events below.
Before the end of term, we have sent out the welcome letters from the lead teachers of all our classes for next year, as well as the staff profiles of the new incoming teachers to BISL. Our Orientation Day on Friday 20th August will be a chance for you to meet our new teachers, new families and find out more information about the school for the academic year ahead.
In this active PE Block, I had two very enjoyable Enrichment Saturdays with the students as they played dodgeball, capture the flag and other fun team building games, and look forward to being able to offer similar opportunities for our students in the next academic year.
Our Summer School starts this week, and we are delighted by the number of students involved in this two-week adventure this year. We look forward to sharing updates with you on social media.
In the next few weeks, you will receive an email with the link to this year's edition of our digital BISL Yearbook 2020-21, full of wonderful photos and memories for you and our students to look back on and enjoy for many years to come.
Wishing you a safe and relaxing summer holiday.
I am very proud that our school has been awarded Accredited Member (BSO) status by COBIS, the Council of British International Schools.
This means we have been quality assured against a strict set of standards and recognised as offering a high-quality British education. COBIS membership enables our school to access some excellent benefits including CPD and professional development for staff, competitions and events for students and the ability to learn from colleagues based in leading British international schools around the world.
I would like to thank every member of our community for your contributions towards this excellent achievement and a further reflection of the high quality of education that we provide here at the British International School of Ljubljana.
Students, Teacher and Parent Appreciation Day Photos
For Student Appreciation Day, our PTA arranged for some delicious ice creams for our students, and they all received some personal messages from their teachers.
Then, we had our Teacher Appreciation Breakfast, celebrating our amazing teachers and staff here at BISL. The PTA arranged a wonderful breakfast spread for our teachers, while our students prepared heartfelt messages and posters for their teachers to show their appreciation for everything they do.
Our Parent Appreciation Day was held to recognise our wonderfully supportive parents here at BISL, and our students decorated lovely personalised cards to take home for their parents.
Outstanding PTM and PTE Results
I have been delighted to share with you the fantastic results from our recent Progress Test in Maths and Progress Test in English prior to the end of term. I am very proud of the hard work, perseverance and effort by our students, who continue to develop and thrive through inspirational teaching by our amazing staff. Congratulations to each and every one of our students.
It was wonderful to see our students have a fantastic time together during our two Enrichment Saturdays this term. A special thank you to Mr Damjan, Ms Fairchild, Mr Černi and Ms Kukovica for organising the activities.
PE Block Roundup
To celebrate sports, health and wellbeing as part of our PE block this year, our students and the PE Department created a variety of fun and challenging competitions on a weekly basis for everyone to get involved in.
What a great way to finish the academic year, and I hope you stay active and healthy throughout the summer and look forward to celebrating more sports together in the new academic year.
All of our upcoming events are listed on the school website here.
Our school calendar for the 2021-22 academic year is available here.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- June 18 - Parent Appreciation Gallery, PTM and PTE News
- June 11 - Teacher Appreciation and Other Recent Event Galleries
- June 4 - Changes to Mask Guidance
- May 28 - COBIS news, PSHE provision, PE Block
- May 14 - International Days Success, Block 6 roundup
- May 7 - MEPI Drive Success and Visit from Trieste
- April 30 - MEPI Clothing drive update, Summer term events
- April 23 - New PA system, plans for 21-22
- April 16 - After-School Provision
- April 9 - Outstanding School News
- March 26 - Block 5 Roundup and Car Park Safety
- March 19 - Spring at BISL, Shakespeare Week and Alumni Visit
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update