It has been amazing this week to welcome so many of our students back into the building to see their teachers and each other after this online learning period. From the moment they arrived in the morning, the joy, excitement and energy from the students has been incredible and a delight to hear echoing through the corridors. During this week we have also been fortunate to celebrate Pust together, our students and staff produced a wonderful range of costumes and I would like to thank all parents for your support in this first event back at school. It added a wonderful moment to this busy week for our students.
I would like to also recognise the families supporting the students who are still away on online learning and look forward to more guidance changing over the coming weeks to hopefully enable us to transition the final year groups back into the school building. The attendance this week has been excellent on site and it has been fantastic to see everyone come together during this challenging time. We must continue to balance the safety of our community, following all of the guidelines and health advice while also enjoying this significant step forward in seeing the children together again.
We've put together a wonderful gallery of photographs for you to enjoy from our Pust celebrations on Tuesday. Thank you once again to the PTA for their support in the success of the event, and to all parents, students and staff for the outstanding effort put into this year's costumes.
Parent Survey Results
I am delighted to share with you some key findings from our 2020 Parent Survey and would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for taking the time to share your opinions and feedback with us, it is very much appreciated, valued and useful for us as a school. Join me in my next Coffee Morning, where I will talk through the main areas of the findings and discuss these further with you in more detail.
Coffee with the Principal
Join me on Friday, 5th March, from 9:30am on Zoom for our next virtual Coffee with the Principal.
During this coffee morning we will discuss the following topics:
- Parent Survey results - a closer look at the areas and comments
- Action Plan and timescale
- Main Priorities
- Smaller areas and sub tasks mentioned
- Calendar for 2021/22 - I would like to hear your opinions on the following areas:
- Further aligned with the Slovene school holidays
- A longer / earlier summer holiday
- A two-week Easter holiday to enable a longer break
- More lessons before exams and fewer after
- Aligned with other international schools
- Longer Terms / Blocks
We hope that all of our students can return safely back to the building soon. For now, guidance remains the same regarding year groups in the building and on online learning. I continue to check the guidance daily, meet with the leadership team and will update you as soon as new guidance becomes available. Please refer to our Reopening Procedure Guidance for more details.
Drop off and Pick up Reminders
- Drop off is from 7.15am and pick up starts at 2.45pm.
- Use the normal drop off zone outside the main entrance.
- Stay in your car as staff will assist to keep this as safe, efficient and quick as possible.
- If collecting students on foot, please use the walkways indicated by the cones.
- Name signs have been distributed this week for parents to display inside the windscreen to help staff with pick up of students at the end of the day.
- Please avoid parking up and reversing into traffic. The drop off procedure is there for the safety of all students.
- Please avoid taking masks off and speaking to other families in groups. We all need to maintain safe distancing and follow the guidance from the ministry. Let's continue working together.
Thursday 4th March - World Book Day
Friday 5th March - Coffee with the Principal
Monday 8th March - International Women's Day
Friday 12th March - Reports Issued
Monday 15th - Friday 19th March - Parents Evening Week
Monday 22nd March - World Water Day
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update