I hope you are having a safe and restful Block break. Following on from my previous Update from the Principal, I wanted to share with you a few points that I will discuss in my next Coffee Morning.
Join me on Friday, 5th March, from 9:30am on Zoom for our next virtual Coffee with the Principal.
During this coffee morning we will discuss the following topics:
- Parent Survey results - a closer look at the areas and comments
- Action Plan and timescale
- Main Priorities
- Smaller areas and sub tasks mentioned
- Calendar for 2021/22 - I would like to hear your opinions on the following areas:
- Further aligned with the Slovene school holidays
- A longer / earlier summer holiday
- A two-week Easter holiday to enable a longer break
- More lessons before exams and fewer after
- Aligned with other international schools
- Longer Terms / Blocks
If you would like to be involved and have an idea that is best for our families at BISL, I would like to encourage you to attend. This normally grows from an idea, of lots of suggestions and discussion, to a final calendar published on our website within the next month and shared with the community. I look forward to hearing your ideas, thank you in advance for joining this discussion. Obviously, we are not able to accommodate all individual requests and one final calendar will be produced to fit the needs of our school community as a whole.
We hope that all of our students can return safely back to the building soon. For now, guidance remains the same regarding year groups in the building and on online learning. I continue to check the guidance daily, meet with the leadership team and, should there be any changes, I will send out an update to all families via email before we return back on Monday 15th February.
Enjoy the rest of your Block break.