It has been yet another busy week here at BISL, and I am delighted to share news of the installation of a public announcement system throughout our current and new building. This opens up many possibilities with safety and student learning, and will give us an excellent opportunity for the following:
- Various 'safety' tones to cover fire drills, lockdown etc.
- Safety announcements and requests.
- Student Radio.
- Student announcements and 'learning' purposes.
- Play various audio files across the buildings, e.g. during events etc.
Personally, I have been looking forward to this new addition, and I cannot wait for us to start using the system soon.
For the first time in the school’s history, a School Nurse will also be joining our staff team in August. They will be based in school every day, and are a welcome addition, as the safety and well-being of our students remains our top priority.
As we plan ahead for the 2021-22 academic year, you will have received an email from me earlier today regarding our Schedule of Fees for next year, and our school calendar is already available online. I hope to see our outstanding school grow further in the coming years and thank you for your continued collaboration and support, which is integral in making BISL the vibrant and inclusive place it is today.
There is still so much for us to look forward to before the summer:
Exam Revision classes after school and weekends
Thank you to the staff for running the after-school and weekend revision club for IGCSE and A Level, these sessions are invaluable for our students as they prepare for the next phase in their learning journey.
We have had a successful first week of after-school clubs. If you haven’t already done so, I encourage you to browse our after-school provision options and register your child. Clubs include language sessions for German and Slovene, ABRSM Music sessions, various sports and dance, debating, caring for the community and more!
MEPI Clothing Drive
There has been a phenomenal response to this community initiative already – thank you to all of you who have taken the time to sort through unwanted items of clothing, shoes, toys and books to bring into school. You still have the weekend to do this if you haven’t already, donations are accepted until Tuesday 27th April.
I’ve have been having meetings with parent reps as we go full speed ahead with planning for our fantastic International Days this year – a 4-day event! Further information from the PTA about arrangements and how you as parents can get involved can be found here. I look forward to seeing many of you involved in the International Fair on Friday, our most colourful event of the year.
Following on from the success of our Enrichment Saturdays at the beginning of the academic year, we are offering a further 2 Days of Free Saturday School (occurring on consecutive Saturdays, 12th and 19th June) for BISL students, which will include a range of supervised activities from a published calendar so that our students can have further opportunities to enjoy learning together. To register for these Enrichment Days, please complete the form by clicking on the button below.
BISL Summer School
This year’s BISL Summer School will run for two weeks between 5th-16th July.
To make up for some of the lost face-to-face interactions with friends due to the period of remote learning, we are happy to be able to offer 5 Days of Free Summer School for BISL students in the first week of the summer, starting Monday 5th July.
Our popular summer school operates from Monday to Friday, 8.00am through to 3.00pm and incorporates a range of fun activities and learning English through immersion with our BISL staff.
To register for one or both weeks of Summer School, please complete the form by clicking on the button below. Week 1 will be free for all BISL students who wish to attend.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
As the country slowly emerges from lockdown, I wish you a safe and restful weekend ahead and look forward to seeing you in person soon at our upcoming events in the coming months.
Dates to Note
|Fri, May 7||Coffee with the Principal|
|Tue-Fri, May 11-14||International Days|
|Fri, Jun 4||Coffee with the Principal|
|Sat, Jun 12||Enrichment Day 1|
|Sat, Jun 19||Enrichment Day 2|
|Jul, 5-16||BISL Summer School |
Week 1 is free for BISL students
- April 16 - After-School Provision
- April 9 - Outstanding School News
- March 26 - Block 5 Roundup and Car Park Safety
- March 19 - Spring at BISL, Shakespeare Week and Alumni Visit
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update