Following on from the news regarding Slovenia's new lockdown, please refer to the BISL Update - Online Learning email sent on Monday March 29 for details.
We have had a wonderful block 5 and I must thank everyone for making this a very enjoyable term with all of our students now back in the building. We have seen a fantastic Easter Donation Drive, organised by the PTA, with the first lot of packages delivered to Zveza Prijateljev Mladine earlier this week and more being delivered later this afternoon, thank you to the PTA and all parents who have supported this. There have been a considerable amount of donations and this will make a huge difference to families in need. We have also had a donation of some lovely Spring flowers from parents for our entrance to the school, which our Primary students have enjoyed planting and creating a welcoming area as you approach our building, thank you. I have seen many positive emails, appreciation for our teaching staff and their efforts this term, again this is very much appreciated.
I have been very proud of our community recently, as the support you have shown our school has been overwhelming during a very difficult time.
It has been a pleasure to welcome the students into school each morning and to see the excitement and anticipation on their faces at the start of the day. This really sets such a positive tone for learning and enjoyment throughout their lessons.
Driving Safely and Slowly in the School Car Park
The speed limit in the school car park in 20km/h, please drive slowly and safely to ensure the health and safety of our community.
When leaving the main road (on which the speed limit is 30 km/h) the speed limit must be reduced to 20 km/h around the school car park. All parents need to follow this to ensure the safety of others. We have regular police presence at the entrance of the school campus to support, observe and protect our community. Let's work together on this to keep everyone safe.
PTA Easter Donations Drive
In partnership with Zveza Prijateljev Mladine Ljubljana Moste-Polje, our PTA have organised a wonderful Easter-themed donation drive during the final week of term. Our large donations box was already bursting after the first day, and we are delighted with the success of this initiative.
Thank you to everyone for your generous donations, and to our PTA for coordinating the project. Your donations will go a long way to helping families in need during the Easter period.
After School Activities
We are delighted to announce our After School Activities will be starting up in Term 3 from Monday 12th April. More information will be sent out regarding the following:
Early Years and Year 1:
- Extended supervision activities until 4.30pm, with a weekly 'Art' lesson after school.
- Junior Duke and MEPI clubs
- Homework club
Year 10-13 IGCSE, AS and A2:
- Revision classes for all subjects after school to support, receive one to one help, or to boost grades further. A full schedule to be shared with all parents.
Clubs above clubs and activities will start, and new clubs will be added, and will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Teacher Feature series
Personally, I very much believe in the importance of music and performing arts in education and it is always a delight for me to see students inspired by their teachers, whatever the subject.
This week's edition of our Teacher Feature series highlights Mr Hulse from our Performing Arts team, and it is a joy to read.
More Flowers Planted
Thank you to the parents who have donated a selection of Spring flowers, which Robert, our Year 6 Student Council representative shared with each year group rep in Primary for them to take back to their class to plant during the week. A lovely Spring initiative for our community, thank you to the parents for their donation, and well done to our young gardeners!
BISL Student Magazine
The third edition of our BISL Student Magazine is now available. I am very proud of this fully student-led initiative, which features a variety of interesting, contemporary news and events from around the world, complete with a fun Easter trivia for you to enjoy over the block break.
Wishing you a wonderful block break and Easter. I look forward to seeing everyone again on Wednesday 7th April for our first day back.
- March 19 - Spring at BISL, Shakespeare Week and Alumni Visit
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update