A week that started with sunshine, energy and excitement has finished with a calm and tranquil Friday at BISL after a huge effort from students this week. We've had assemblies, visits from Alumni, Shakespeare week as part of our English block and highlights from lessons from learning about angles in Mathematics through to drama in English, and more. As we move into the last week of the block, Spring is well and truly here at school and we are seeing many student projects, building projects and further improvements starting to bloom.
I have had a wonderful opportunity to visit a lot of classes over the past two weeks and to see every single teacher, their planning, marking and quality of the lessons has been first class. I couldn't be more proud to work with such a devoted, committed and enthusiastic group of staff.
We have welcomed back Years 11 and 12 into lessons on site this week and from Monday 22nd, all students will be in classes in the building. Our students have smoothly transitioned back into the classroom and their attitude and continued focus on exam preparation has been excellent.
From a safety point of view, the pick up and drop off procedures have further improved and I would like to thank all parents, students and members of staff on duty for all working together to make this safe and efficient at the start and the end of each day.
Please remember that the last day of Term, next Friday 26th March, is a half day at BISL, with pick up starting from 12.00 noon.
Safety Guidance Procedures Update
In addition to our current Health & Safety procedures, we will adhere to model C of the government guidance, with the following procedures in place from Monday 22nd March for our students:
- Students will be grouped into 'bubbles' and will remain in their designated bubble during their school day.
- Zones will be allocated outside for these bubbles during break times.
- Specialist classrooms, including PE, will be used one cohort at a time and well ventilated throughout the day.
- Assembly Hall will be used one cohort at a time and well ventilated throughout the day.
- Students continue to be advised against attending school should they feel unwell.
- Lunches will continue to be eaten in the home rooms.
I am always so proud when we hear from our former students.
On Monday, our Year 13 students were treated to a special visit from one of our alumni, Ana Milanez, one of our Class of 2014 graduates. She gave a wonderful presentation about her journey since leaving BISL, which took her to the University of Maribor, where she obtained a Bachelor's degree in Economics before going off to Ghent University in Belgium to obtain her Master's degree in the same field. Finally she returned to Ljubljana, where she currently works at the Ministry of Economics as a researcher in the department for analysis and fiscal governance.
Thank you to Ana for sharing her experience with our students, what a brilliant opportunity!
Spring at BISL
Despite the odd snow showers earlier this week, it really is starting to look like Spring here at BISL.
We have two virtual Open Days for prospective families coming up next week. If you have younger children who will be old enough to join BISL next year, or know anyone who might be interested in joining our vibrant community, please share the details of these events with them.
Staff Laptop Rollout Completed
I am delighted that the new laptops have now been rolled out to all staff here at BISL. This is great news for our teaching and learning, I have had lots of positive comments about the laptops already from staff and am really happy with how this rollout has gone.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
I wish you a safe and restful weekend.
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update