A very exciting time this week with our after-school activities continuing, examination support sessions running daily and a wonderful finish to the week seeing our MEPI Second-hand clothes drive project wrap up. Thank you to everyone involved in the clubs, activities and exam revision sessions, I really appreciate this and the students have been wonderful.
A special mention to the overwhelming response to our Second-hand clothes drive, the amount of donations from our families has been incredible. This is such a worthwhile project and working with MEPI, teachers and parents, this has been a huge success. Thank you for your generosity, time and care in participating in this project, at one point last week I thought we would run out of space as the bags of clothes just kept arriving!
A really good feeling around the school as the national Covid restrictions took another step towards 'normality' and many of our staff, parents and students can start to enjoy additional services, retailers, hospitality etc. I hope everyone can find the time to relax, recharge and unwind with families this weekend. It has been very well deserved.
This week our school grew further with additional families, and I would like to extend my warm welcome to all new parents into our community. We hope to see everyone soon at our International Days and finish our Term 3 with some fantastic events.
Following on from the success of our Enrichment Saturdays at the beginning of the academic year, we are offering a further 2 Days of Free Saturday School (occurring on consecutive Saturdays, 12th and 19th June) for BISL students, which will include a range of supervised activities from a published calendar so that our students can have further opportunities to enjoy learning together. To register for these Enrichment Days, please complete the form by clicking on the button below.
BISL Summer School
This year’s BISL Summer School will run for two weeks between 5th-16th July.
To make up for some of the lost face-to-face interactions with friends due to the period of remote learning, we are happy to be able to offer 5 Days of Free Summer School for BISL students in the first week of the summer, starting Monday 5th July.
Our popular summer school operates from Monday to Friday, 8.00am through to 3.00pm and incorporates a range of fun activities and learning English through immersion with our BISL staff.
To register for one or both weeks of Summer School, please complete the form by clicking on the button below. Week 1 will be free for all BISL students who wish to attend.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Dates to Note
Fri, May 7th
Tue-Fri, May 11th - 14th
Fri, Jun 4th
Coffee with the Principal
Fri, Jun 4th
Sat, Jun 12th
Fri, Jun 18th
Sat, Jun 19th
Jul 5 - 16
- April 23 - New PA system, plans for 21-22
- April 16 - After-School Provision
- April 9 - Outstanding School News
- March 26 - Block 5 Roundup and Car Park Safety
- March 19 - Spring at BISL, Shakespeare Week and Alumni Visit
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update