We have now completed our third Appreciation Day of the academic year, Happy Parent Appreciation Day! This was a wonderful opportunity to recognise and value the support, kindness and encouragement that we get from our parents in the community. Thank you for everything you do!
Over the past week, we have sent out the welcome letters from the lead teachers of all our classes for next year, as well as the staff profiles of the new incoming teachers to BISL. Our Orientation Day on Friday 20th August will be a chance for you to meet our new teachers, new families and find out more information about the school for the academic year ahead.
Last weekend, I had a very enjoyable Enrichment Day on Saturday with the students as they played dodgeball, capture the flag and other fun team building games, then I met our adventurous MEPI students at the end of their Sunday hike. Huge congratulations to everyone involved, as it was a fantastic achievement of 17.5km in total during a sunny day and some steep climbs. I look forward to our Enrichment Day tomorrow for more fun, sports and games with the students!
Our final day of term is Thursday 24th June and this will, as always, be a 12.00pm pick up for all students. It will also be a House colour dress down day for students and staff as it is the last day of the year.
Wishing you a safe and relaxing summer holiday.
Parent Appreciation Day Photos
Celebrating our wonderfully supportive parents here at BISL, here are some photos from our breakfast event this morning:
For photos of our Student Appreciation Day and Teacher Appreciation breakfast, click here.
Year 6 Graduation
Congratulations to our Year 6 graduates and welcome to Secondary school!
Outstanding PTM and PTE results
I have been delighted to share with you the fantastic results from our recent Progress Test in Maths and Progress Test in English earlier this week. I am very proud of the hard work, perseverance and effort by our students, who continue to develop and thrive through inspirational teaching by our amazing staff. Congratulations to each and every one of our students.
All of our upcoming events are listed on the school website here.
Our school calendar for the 2021-22 academic year is available here.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Dates to Note
|Sat, Jun 19th||Enrichment Day 2|
|Thu, Jun 24th||Dress Down Day - House Colours|
|Thu, Jun 24th||Last Day of Term - School Ends at 12 noon|
|Jul 5th - 16th||Summer School|
|Fri, Aug 20th||Orientation Day|
|Mon, Aug 23rd|
First Day of School
- June 11 - Teacher Appreciation and Other Recent Event Galleries
- June 4 - Changes to Mask Guidance
- May 28 - COBIS news, PSHE provision, PE Block
- May 14 - International Days Success, Block 6 roundup
- May 7 - MEPI Drive Success and Visit from Trieste
- April 30 - MEPI Clothing drive update, Summer term events
- April 23 - New PA system, plans for 21-22
- April 16 - After-School Provision
- April 9 - Outstanding School News
- March 26 - Block 5 Roundup and Car Park Safety
- March 19 - Spring at BISL, Shakespeare Week and Alumni Visit
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update