As we start the final block of the year, we move into our Physical Education theme! With the sun starting to shine and the warmer weather, we hope to have as many opportunities outside to finish in a happy, active and healthy fashion. The PE staff have started to share ideas, activities and challenges for the students to participate in during this week's assemblies and announcements in class. We look forward to getting involved in as many of these sporting activities as possible during the next month.
Thank you to all parents involved in the uniform sale, your donations to the school and for your support lately, it has been incredible. I also want to thank the staff for their ongoing work with the students and constant efforts to ensure that they continue to get the best education possible. I am very lucky to have such caring professionals who go above and beyond on a regular basis for the benefit of our students and their learning. Following on from our recent inspection, we have also just received our accreditation from the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and I'll share further details of this in my next update.
We have a lot of events over the coming weeks for the students as the guidance relaxes and we can consider and plan for what is best for our community. This includes extending our clubs, appreciation days, enrichment days, summer camps and possible day trips before the end of the term.
Finally, a warm welcome to our new families who have joined BISL over the past month and have started to receive updates ahead of your new start in August. We are currently at the biggest we have ever been in our history with new enrolments and continue to grow. This is fantastic news and brings further opportunities for our students, parents and staff to all work together.
We have an exciting month ahead, lots of plans to implement in the summer (building grand opening, new building tours, new facilities, teaching resources, additional staff, coaches, clubs etc) and are already looking forward to the possibilities in the new Academic Year 2021/22!
BISL’s provision for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding
As an outstanding school, we commit to maintaining our level of excellence when it comes to helping our students become thoughtful, well-rounded and confident learners, and believe that learning goes beyond the classroom, further than academic successes, and we are excited to nurture and watch our students grow in a holistic learning environment.
Please read this interesting article published recently about the strength of our school's spiritual, moral, social and cultural provision and what this means for our students, staff and parents.
International Days video compilation
If you haven't had a chance to watch it already, I highly recommend it. Thank you to the Performing Arts team for putting it together, and once again, a huge thank you to our parents for making our International Fair such a success.
I continue to be amazed at the wonderful work that our students produce each day here at BISL. Here is a brilliant descriptive writing piece from one of our English Language IGCSE students: A noisy playground
Dedicated to sports and teamwork, it promises to be an active end of the year for sure, with the PE Team having prepared lots of fun challenges and activities for our students, starting with the Walk Around the World Challenge!
This challenge will call upon an outstanding team effort from our entire BISL community to complete, through which we will walk a total of 62.000 kilometres (around the world) together before the block's end. You'll find details in the newsletters on how to seep track of your distances and the PE Team will update you with a progress tracker of how far we've travelled.
All of our upcoming events are listed on the school website here.
I am delighted to be able to host the final Coffee with the Principal for the academic year back on site again.
Join me on Friday June 4 from 8:00am in the Assembly Hall for updates and plans about upcoming announcements, school events and some of the key areas that we are focusing on as a school from a pedagogical point of view.
Parents will be asked to register, wear masks and follow the school's COVID guidance procedures whilst on site.
On Friday June 4, we will be celebrating our wonderful students, and the PTA will be bringing some ice cream for everyone to enjoy too!
I know that many of you have already registered your children to take part in our upcoming Enrichment Days on Saturday June 12th and Saturday June 19th. The themes will be based around 'Team Games' and 'New Challenges'. These two Enrichment Days are a great opportunity for students to enjoy being together with their friends, interact with one another, learn something new and have fun.
If you haven't already done so, you have until June 2nd to register, and you can do so by simply completing this form here.
This year’s BISL Summer School will run for two weeks between 5th - 16th July.
To make up for some of the lost face-to-face interactions with friends due to the period of remote learning, we are happy to be able to offer 5 Days of Free Summer School for BISL students in the first week of the summer, starting Monday 5th July.
To register for one or both weeks of Summer School, please complete the form by clicking on the button below. Week 1 will be free for all BISL students who wish to attend.
Our school calendar for the 2021-22 academic year is available here.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Wishing you a sunny and relaxing weekend.
Dates to Note
|Fri, June 4
|Coffee with the Principal
|Fri, June 4
|Student Appreciation Day
|Fri, June 11
|Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
|Sat, June 12
|Enrichment Day 1
|Wed, June 16
|Thu, June 17
|Year 6 Transition Day
|Fri, June 18
|Year 6 Graduation Ceremony
|Fri, June 18
|Year 13 Certificate Presentation
|Fri, June 18
|Parent Appreciation Day
|Sat, June 19
|Enrichment Day 2
|July 5 - 16
|BISL Summer School
- May 14 - International Days Success, Block 6 roundup
- May 7 - MEPI Drive Success and Visit from Trieste
- April 30 - MEPI Clothing drive update, Summer term events
- April 23 - New PA system, plans for 21-22
- April 16 - After-School Provision
- April 9 - Outstanding School News
- March 26 - Block 5 Roundup and Car Park Safety
- March 19 - Spring at BISL, Shakespeare Week and Alumni Visit
- March 12 - Updates from the Coffee Morning
- March 5 - Year 10 - 12 Staggered Start Plans
- February 26 - New Teaching & Learning Resources
- February 19 - Pust Celebrations
- February 12 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- February 10 - Block 4 Update
- February 5 - Exam Revision Update
- January 29 - Drop Off Reminders, Testing for Teachers
- January 22 - Staggered Reopening Plans
- January 15 - BISL Strengths, Upcoming events, Parent Survey
- January 8 - New Year's Updates from the Coffee Morning
- January 2 - Operating Procedures ahead of Term 2
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update