We are at the end of week 3 already! - the summer term is in full swing.
As our Primary students have finished their Spring concerts, we have a lot to look forward to with our Summer Performance, Sports Day, International Days, Graduations, Adventure Days and much more planned for the final two blocks of the academic year! - lots to get excited about and to get involved in.
At the other end of the school, we wish our Year 11, 12 and 13 students all the best as they depart on study leave today to sit their IGCSE, AS and A Level examinations. This is the start of a six week period that mixes subject revision, preparation and sitting external exams at BISL. We wish everyone involved good luck and take a moment to pause and say how proud we are of each and every single student before they even take the first paper!
Thank you to all staff and parents for going above and beyond with your help and support with the students during this time, it is very much appreciated.
We have our first on site Open Day on Wednesday 4th May for the first time in a long time, please feel free to come along and pop into lessons. It is a great opportunity to see our students and teachers in the classroom and experience what they do so well on a daily basis.
Following the international recognition of our English provision, please have a look at an interesting article on how we assess and support our students at BISL. We received the highest rating for EAL (English as Additional Language) provision with an 'Exemplary' outcome.
From the start of May, we welcome new families joining BISL as our school continues to grow. I was very proud when we passed the 260 mark and we continue to increase. This directly creates more for our students to enjoy with team sports, competitions, group activities and much more. It's the strongest our community has been and I am very grateful for this. Thank you for welcoming new students and families into our caring and positive community.
Hopefully the rain holds and we can all have a nice weekend ahead, I look forward to finishing my gardening and relaxing with a coffee. With summer approaching and lots of beautiful changes outside with the trees, flowers and wildlife, it is a wonderful time to enjoy what Slovenia has to offer. We are very lucky to live in such an amazing country with these opportunities and surroundings.
Have a lovely weekend!
Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to run country stalls with delicious food and fun activities for our students on Friday May 13 for our popular International Day Fair. It is promising to be another fantastic annual celebration and I hope to see many of you there!
You'll find more details here, and further details will follow.
Should you wish to get involved, please contact email@example.com directly.
If you'd like to place an order for Summer Uniform, you can do so online through Trutex with ease. Click on the link below for details.
BISL Daily Routines
- Ongoing daily clean of premises
- Classrooms are well ventilated and classroom doors remain open
- Key areas are cleaned multiple times a day (reception, classrooms, bathrooms, bannisters, door handles, etc.)
- Declaration Form to be signed by all key visitors
- Extra resources for hygiene available (sprays, wipes, gels, hand sanitisers, masks etc.)
- Temperature checks when required
- School Nurse available (full time)
- Coronavirus Prevention guidance posters displayed around school
- Smaller classes where necessary
- Lunches and snacks are served in the new canteen following the guidance from NIJZ
- Staff and parent meetings and events to be held online
- Daily review of all procedures by the Leadership Team
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 15.04.22 - Spring Concerts
- 08.04.22 - Pro Peace Tournament
- 25.03.22 - Inaugural Show in the Performance Theatre
- 18.03.22 - Name the New Building
- 11.03.22 - International Women's Day
- 04.03.22 - Pust
- 25.02.22 - Uniform Shop Live
- 18.02.22 - Safer Internet Day
- 04.02.22 - Block 4 Thank You Message
- 28.01.22 - Winter Adventure Days
- 21.01.22 - Student Appreciation Day
- 14.01.22 - Road Safety Campaign
- 07.01.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 17.12.21 - Holiday Message
- 10.12.21 - Snowfall Fun; Road Safety
- 03.12.21 - Santa's Visit
- 26.11.21 - Holiday Decorations; Self-testing Update
- 19.11.21 - Anti-Bullying Awareness Week; Self-testing Update
- 14.11.21 - COVID-19 Update
- 05.11.21 - Halloween Celebrations; Founder's Day
- 29.10.21 - Open Day; Health & Safety FAQs
- 22.10.21 - Robotics, School Canteen
- 15.10.21 - Teacher Appreciation Day; Exam Revision
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal