Thank you to all parents who attended the Parents Appreciation Day, it was a wonderful event and it was very impressive to see so many thoughtful and beautiful cards created by our students. Well done to all students for being so imaginative with the cards, and thank you to our staff for supporting students with this. It was a great event and a very important morning that we look forward to every year!
This week, we have had further news across the country about the removal of masks indoors and the guidance has continued to be eased. This is perfect timing as we are in our summer term and enjoying school life, now this helps create a brilliant balance for the day to day outside of school.
A huge congratulations to all students involved in the Spring Concerts over the past 4 weeks, they have been incredible! We had over 100 attendees for each of the first 2 performances and again over 80 for the third and final show. What an amazing turnout from all families to see, enjoy and support our fantastic students. Such a variety, such confidence and a very impressive succession of productions for all of us to see! Thank you to everyone involved in the shows and a special mention to Ms Predan for planning and organising this series of Spring Concerts. We look forward to our summer musical with eager anticipation!
Our Performance Theatre is going through further improvements with additional seating arriving, beautiful frames of students performing displayed down the stairs by the entrance and also the installation of a behind the stage black velvet curtain. Exciting times ahead!
On a final note, to mention our car park, thank you to all parents for continuing to drive slowly and safely on site. It makes such a difference when everyone does this together. Being aware, careful and attentive creates a safer environment for our families. Thank you. Also, our drop off and pick up team do a fantastic job every day and I very much appreciate the efforts of all of the staff as they try to make the start and the end of the day as safe as possible. Thank you to all parents for showing your gratitude, smiles, feedback and positive comments to those who do a great job at the start and end of the day.
It will be week 3 as we arrive back after the long weekend and the summer is well and truly here.
I'll spend the weekend planting trees and gardening so I'm happy for a spot of rain! Whatever you do, I hope you have a great extended weekend.
Spring Concert Galleries
A bank of wonderful photographs can be found in the Galleries below - simply click on the buttons below to view these.
Following on from the success of our Spring Concert series, for this week's Teacher Feature, enjoy this delightful interview with the brilliant Ms Predan from our Performing Arts team.
As the weather is getting warmer, Summer uniform is now in effect. If you'd like to place an order, you can do so online through Trutex with ease. Click on the link below for details.
BISL Daily Routines
- Ongoing daily clean of premises
- Classrooms are well ventilated and classroom doors remain open
- Key areas are cleaned multiple times a day (reception, classrooms, bathrooms, bannisters, door handles, etc.)
- Declaration Form to be signed by all key visitors
- Extra resources for hygiene available (sprays, wipes, gels, hand sanitisers, masks etc.)
- Temperature checks when required
- School Nurse available (full time)
- Coronavirus Prevention guidance posters displayed around school
- Smaller classes where necessary
- Lunches and snacks are served in the new canteen following the guidance from NIJZ
- Staff and parent meetings and events to be held online
- Daily review of all procedures by the Leadership Team
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 08.04.22 - Pro Peace Tournament
- 25.03.22 - Inaugural Show in the Performance Theatre
- 18.03.22 - Name the New Building
- 11.03.22 - International Women's Day
- 04.03.22 - Pust
- 25.02.22 - Uniform Shop Live
- 18.02.22 - Safer Internet Day
- 04.02.22 - Block 4 Thank You Message
- 28.01.22 - Winter Adventure Days
- 21.01.22 - Student Appreciation Day
- 14.01.22 - Road Safety Campaign
- 07.01.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 17.12.21 - Holiday Message
- 10.12.21 - Snowfall Fun; Road Safety
- 03.12.21 - Santa's Visit
- 26.11.21 - Holiday Decorations; Self-testing Update
- 19.11.21 - Anti-Bullying Awareness Week; Self-testing Update
- 14.11.21 - COVID-19 Update
- 05.11.21 - Halloween Celebrations; Founder's Day
- 29.10.21 - Open Day; Health & Safety FAQs
- 22.10.21 - Robotics, School Canteen
- 15.10.21 - Teacher Appreciation Day; Exam Revision
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal