Happy New Year! On behalf of the Orbital Education Group of schools, I’d like to wish you, your family and friends, all the very best for 2021.
No changes as of today for Tuesday 5th January.
We will continue with the same guidance, same classes on site and online as we ended Term 1 with.
We await guidance to be sent out and hope for a drop in the number of cases across the country. Our thoughts are always with those families and friends affected by the pandemic.
Return to School
This will be communicated out to all parents at the same time. Following this, class teachers will contact parents and give further personalised updates and instructions in due course.
Early Years and Year 1 Supervision
This will be available until 15.40 each day as no extra-curricular clubs are running.
Working on Site
Through the Holiday, the school has been deep cleaned and I have been in school regularly to review the level of cleanliness, and I can say that I am very happy with how we have maintained the high standards held throughout Term 1 (when we received a 100% compliance check from the Ministry of Education).
New Building Update
As you can see, there’s been some fantastic progress on the new building. We are excited about the opportunities that this project will bring for our students and the learning at BISL.
We have a lot of great events planned for Block 4:
- Friday 8th January - Coffee with the Principal
- Wednesday 13th January - Virtual Open Day (in English)
- Wednesday 20th January - Virtual Open Day (in Slovene)
- Thursday 21st January - IGCSE Subject Options Evening
- Thursday 28th January - A level Subject Options Evening
- Monday 1st February - Cultural Day Celebration
- Tuesday 2nd February - House Competition
- Friday 5th February - Coffee with the Principal / Dress Down Day (House colours)
All urgent updates continue to be communicated via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record. If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
If you have any specific questions about the learning in your child's year group, please contact the Class Teacher/Form Tutor first.
I look forward to another successful Term ahead.
- December 18 – Holiday Message
- December 11 - Early Years Show, BISL Art Exhibition & Upcoming Events
- December 4 - Coffee Morning update
- December 3 - First Snow and Outdoor Fun
- November 27 - Upcoming Events
- November 20 - PTA Committee Welcome, Facilities News
- November 6 - Founder's Day, Operating procedures
- October 30 - Halloween celebrations, positive feedback
- October 23 - Measures in place
- October 16 – Transition to online learning
- October 10 - Coffee Morning
- September 25 - House Day, MEPI, Adventure Days
- September 20 - Safety Guidance and reminders
- September 11 – Safety Guidance, BISL Vision & Learning Walks
- September 4 - Safety Guidance & BISL Values
- August 28 - Safety Guidance and Drop off & Pick up Procedures
- August 19 - Staff Training Week
- August 13 - Summer Update