Our new School Canteen is open from Monday 18th October!
Food will be served to students following the NIJZ and safety guidelines which were confirmed yesterday in writing. This is excellent news for everyone.
Having the canteen will:
- Reduce packaging/help the environment.
- Provide higher quality meals.
- Give more choice (Soups/Salads etc.).
- Avoid using the classrooms as a place to eat.
I am very excited and the staff have worked incredibly hard to set up this new area for our students. Thank you to everyone involved.
Also, thank you to all the parents who supported the Teacher Appreciation Day last Friday 8th October. A special thanks to Siu-May, Nicole and Urša for working with parents that provided a fantastic breakfast for our staff. This was amazing! We had over 40 parents attend this wonderful event to celebrate our teachers, read the thoughtful and caring cards written by our students and to spend a moment to thank the great job they do each and every single day. Following this, we had a Coffee with the Principal, updates about the school and a tour of the new building. A great idea has been raised to ask our students to name the new building! - this was a great suggestion, thank you.
Our Poppies have arrived at reception for Remembrance Day and we will celebrate this as a community at the end of the block, for those that would like to make a donation, please go to the British Legion website here.
As winter feels like it is now here, I hope everyone wraps up warm for the months ahead as I had a shock the other morning walking outside to the car as it was -1! the summer feels a long time ago now...
Have a lovely weekend!
BISL Exam Revision - Maintaining Outstanding Academic Outcomes
At the British International School of Ljubljana, we take pride in the outstanding academic outcomes of our students and the University destinations that they are offered once graduate from our school.
We have put together an article to share with you our approach, beliefs, and strategies at BISL and how we have facilitated our learners to make outstanding progress each year.
Also, don't forget to join us next Wednesday October 20 for our University Guidance evening, led by Mr Batson, for more information about the path to higher education, from 4pm in the Assembly Hall.
As we celebrate Humanities throughout Block 2, we look to our Humanities department for our newest Teacher Feature, introducing Mr Andrew Malden - please read this week's delightful interview here.
Story Time Sessions
If you have children aged 3-6 and are looking to make new friends in a fun international setting, if they love stories and are interested in learning English, join our Story Time sessions, and feel free to share with friends too!
Available sessions include:
- Thursday, November 4 | 9:00 - 10:30
- Thursday, November 25 | 15:00 - 16:30
- Thursday, December 9 | 15:00 - 16:30
Registration is required as places are limited.
Block Break IGCSE & A Level Booster Sessions | 8th - 10th November
We have arranged extra days for IGCSE/A Level students to come in for booster sessions, more details will be sent out to students as this is a great opportunity for:
- Extra 1 to 1 help from subject teachers
- Booster sessions on Topics
- To sit past papers (and to have them marked by staff)
- Revision and support
More information will be sent out regarding this in the next week from our Secondary team. Additional booster sessions and extra classes will be available in Term 2 as normal, as we plan ahead for the exams in Summer 2022.
Health & Safety
Our school is open, lessons run as normal and our After School Provision is in full swing, with a range of clubs on offer for BISL students.
Lunches will be served in our new Canteen from Monday October 18 onwards.
There is no change regarding masks, cough/hand hygiene.
Further guidance regarding vaccinations or testing will be confirmed once national guidance for schools is released.
I have included the guidance for masks below:
This month we have the following events coming up:
- Monday, October 18 - Humanities Quiz
- Tuesday, October 19 - Year 4 Trip
- Tuesday, October 19 - Virtual Open Day in Slovene for prospective families
- Wednesday, October 20 - University Guidance evening
- Thursday, October 21 - Story Time at BISL
- Wednesday, October 27 - Open Day at BISL for prospective families
- Thursday, October 28 - EY Pumpkin Carving Workshop
- Friday, October 29 - Halloween Celebrations - dress down day
- Monday, November 1 - Public Holiday - School Closed
- Thursday, November 4 - Story Time at BISL
- Friday, November 5 - Coffee with the Principal
- Friday, November 5 - Remembrance Day Commemoration
- Friday, November 5 - Block 2 Ends
All of our upcoming events, and more details, are listed on the school website here.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal