My last update as Principal...
We've enjoyed an excellent finish to the year and I'd like to thank everyone for your continued support throughout this year. It has been amazing to see our students during the last week with so much excitement and really enjoying being at school. They are happy, joyful and still full of so much energy!
Congratulations to everyone involved in the Wizard of Oz production, this was superb. An amazing event of the highest-quality and a great way in which to finish the academic year! Thank you to Ms Hawkins, Mr Hulse, Ms Predan, Ms Blundell, all staff involved, Mr Kravanja for his work on the stage/props and everyone who supported the show. Parents have been brilliant, thank you to those that attended and a special, final thank you and well done to the students! You were fantastic!!!
I am very proud to see so many opportunities for the students performing together and enjoying using the Performance Theatre, it has made a huge positive difference to our community.
Another congratulations to all students for doing so well in the PTE/PTM tests. We have presented over 70 awards for progress and attainment this week and the students have excelled again. These standardised tests are assessed outside of the school and the trends are clear to see, our students in BISL are performing significantly above the UK and international thresholds. This is a real testament to the hard work from the teachers and students from Early Years through to Year 9.
This week we have enjoyed our Primary Sports Day, EY Transition Day, Staff vs Students Volleyball and the finale of the BISL Olympics. A great way to finish the transition presentation series and our PE block.
The main picture above in this update is the annual tradition of placing the plaque of graduates on our Alumni wall. Something I look forward to with Mr Batson each year as we reminisce and talk through our graduates from BISL, we are proud of each and every one of them.
A quick reminder regarding our Summer School, please look out for the upcoming photos to be shared on our social media from Monday 4th July to Friday 15th July.
Please click here for the events coming up in August and save the date for Friday 19th of August for the Orientation Day for the 2022/23 Academic Year.
Finally, a personal thank you to all parents for everything you have done over the past 4 years, I really appreciate it.
I am sad to finally leave but very happy as I have thoroughly enjoyed working at BISL and the school is in a very strong position moving forward. We have such caring, professional teachers, wonderful supportive parents and amazing, talented students. We've developed our facilities, the quality of education provided and now have even more events for students to get involved in. Looking back, I feel a sense of pride of what we have all achieved together, it has all been worthwhile and I leave with fond memories, great moments from our students, with a smile on my face...
Have a wonderful summer and I wish you all the very best for the future!
Outstanding PTE & PTM Results
We are delighted to announce our outstanding results from the recent PTE and PTM assessments at school, which have been consistently above the UK average - a fantastic achievement from our students, particularly given that 90% of them have English as an additional language. Take a look at the analysis of our recent results in the article linked below.
The Wizard of Oz - a huge success!
What a fantastic show to finish the academic year with!
Our students were absolutely amazing, they have worked extremely hard to learn their lines and behind the scenes to put together a brilliant production. A special thank you to our Creative Arts team for all of their organisation, guidance and enthusiasm in making this such a wonderful show for our community to enjoy. And of course, thank you to all parents who attended the performance, and for your continued support for our young actors.
Take a look at our gallery of photos below!
Graduation Plaque for our Class of 2022
As is tradition here at BISL, the graduation plaque for our Class of 2022 has taken pride of place on the Alumni Wall.
Once again, we'd like to wish our Year 13 graduates all the best in their future endeavours, all of them have received some fantastic offers from the university of their choice. Keep an eye out on our social media over the summer for more announcements about their higher education destinations and examination results.
We look forward to seeing all of our returning and incoming families at Orientation Day on Friday August 19 ahead of the start of the academic year!
More information will be shared ahead of time over the summer.
Meet the Teachers (week beginning 22.08
Our parents will have the opportunity to meet Class Teachers and Form Tutors during the first week of school - further information about this will be shared over the summer.
Coffee with the Principal
The first Coffee with the Principal will take place on Friday 2 September, from 8am in the Assembly Hall with Mr Matthew Cox, sharing updates on upcoming school news and events.
You are welcome to place an order online through our supplier, Trutex, for school uniform over the summer. Click on the link below for details.
BISL Daily Routines
- Ongoing daily clean of premises
- Classrooms are well ventilated and classroom doors remain open
- Key areas are cleaned multiple times a day (reception, classrooms, bathrooms, bannisters, door handles, etc.)
- Declaration Form to be signed by all key visitors
- Extra resources for hygiene available (sprays, wipes, gels, hand sanitisers, masks etc.)
- Temperature checks when required
- School Nurse available (full time)
- Coronavirus Prevention guidance posters displayed around school
- Smaller classes where necessary
- Lunches and snacks are served in the new canteen following the guidance from NIJZ
- Staff and parent meetings and events to be held online
- Daily review of all procedures by the Leadership Team
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 17.06.22 - Summer Adventure Days
- 10.06.22 - Adventure Days
- 03.06.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 27.05.22 - Year 13 Graduation
- 13.05.22 - International Days
- 06.05.22 - BISL Choir Performs at Charity Concert
- 29.04.22 - Amazing Animals Visit BISL
- 22.04.22 - Open Day Invite
- 15.04.22 - Spring Concerts
- 08.04.22 - Pro Peace Tournament
- 25.03.22 - Inaugural Show in the Performance Theatre
- 18.03.22 - Name the New Building
- 11.03.22 - International Women's Day
- 04.03.22 - Pust
- 25.02.22 - Uniform Shop Live
- 18.02.22 - Safer Internet Day
- 04.02.22 - Block 4 Thank You Message
- 28.01.22 - Winter Adventure Days
- 21.01.22 - Student Appreciation Day
- 14.01.22 - Road Safety Campaign
- 07.01.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 17.12.21 - Holiday Message
- 10.12.21 - Snowfall Fun; Road Safety
- 03.12.21 - Santa's Visit
- 26.11.21 - Holiday Decorations; Self-testing Update
- 19.11.21 - Anti-Bullying Awareness Week; Self-testing Update
- 14.11.21 - COVID-19 Update
- 05.11.21 - Halloween Celebrations; Founder's Day
- 29.10.21 - Open Day; Health & Safety FAQs
- 22.10.21 - Robotics, School Canteen
- 15.10.21 - Teacher Appreciation Day; Exam Revision
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal