Wow, the pace has really picked up at school during this final term and we have felt a constant 'buzz' of excitement as there seems to be 4 or 5 events every day! - this is amazing.
We've had the BISL Olympics, Transition Days for Year 12 and 13, Adventure Days for 7-10 (See article below), a MEPI expedition, Year 6 Residential camp and graduation, Year 5 production, Year 4 are getting ready for their gallery of significant people, Year 3 mini Olympics, Year 2 at the city museum, Year 1 projects in space and transport, Early Years Walks, Languages trip and much more!
There are several links below that include pictures and quotes from our students for these trips and events. Enjoy.
The Performance Theatre continues to grow and develop, it is being used daily by lessons, lubs, rehearsals and classes giving our students a whole range of new opportunities. Since the stage, curtain and seats have arrived, we now have some new stage lights that bring the quality of the facilities up another level. It's an exciting time and something that will be used at BISL in future for many years. I am very proud of what we have achieved and the momentum we have built over recent times. This could not have been possible without the students, staff and also the continued support and encouragement from our families. Thank you.
Our Summer School is going to be the biggest ever! increasing from 76 students in 2021 to over 100 students this summer! Running from Monday 4th to Friday 15th July.
On the academic side, we've completed the PTE/PTM progress tests and after analysis, we will share the breakdown next week. We will present certificates, celebrate successes and congratulate the students over the coming days. It really has been a fantastic effort! Thank you to our staff for working so hard with the students, and well done to each and every single student involved!
We've also had a delivery of Raspberry Pi computers at BISL to further invest in programming and computing. These are a great tool to promote computational thinking, creativity and problem-solving! With Micro:bits, LEGO robots and now Raspberry Pis, the students have lots of opportunities to learn to code.
A letter has been shared out from our incoming Principal, Matthew Cox. I hope you have received this and I am very excited about the future of the school moving forward with him. As mentioned in my last update, we have included all events on the events page, so you can keep updated and plan ahead for the summer and the key dates coming back for next year!
Finally, a quick reminder that our last day of term is a 12 noon finish as normal, this is a dress down day and we will wear our House colours! - it's always a great way to end with everyone celebrating the house system together across the year groups in a sea of red, yellow, green and blue.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Secondary Summer Adventure Days
It has been wonderful to see the return of our Summer Adventure Days in their entirety following the covid period - take a look at this brilliant round-up article to see all the fun and exciting activities that our students in Years 7 - 10 engaged in during their trips to beautiful Lake Bohinj.
Exemplary EAL Provision & Outstanding Results
As we celebrate student success across the school heading into the final week of the academic year, we examine the link between English proficiency and academic results in another brilliant article from our EAL Team.
MEPI Adventurous Journey Completed
As part of their MEPI award, our MEPI participants successfully completed their qualifying Adventurous Journey last weekend. Take a look at a fun recount of their exciting travels below.
Orientation Day - Friday August 19
We look forward to seeing all of our returning and incoming families at Orientation Day on Friday August 19 ahead of the start of the academic year!
More information will be shared ahead of time over the summer.
Meet the Teachers (week beginning 22.08)
Our parents will have the opportunity to meet Class Teachers and Form Tutors during the first week of school - further information about this will be shared over the summer.
Coffee with the Principal - Friday September 2
The first Coffee with the Principal will take place on Friday 2 September, from 8am in the Assembly Hall with Mr Matthew Cox, sharing updates on upcoming school news and events.
You are welcome to place an order online through our supplier, Trutex, for school uniform over the summer. Click on the link below for details.
BISL Daily Routines
- Ongoing daily clean of premises
- Classrooms are well ventilated and classroom doors remain open
- Key areas are cleaned multiple times a day (reception, classrooms, bathrooms, bannisters, door handles, etc.)
- Declaration Form to be signed by all key visitors
- Extra resources for hygiene available (sprays, wipes, gels, hand sanitisers, masks etc.)
- Temperature checks when required
- School Nurse available (full time)
- Coronavirus Prevention guidance posters displayed around school
- Smaller classes where necessary
- Lunches and snacks are served in the new canteen following the guidance from NIJZ
- Staff and parent meetings and events to be held online
- Daily review of all procedures by the Leadership Team
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 10.06.22 - Adventure Days
- 03.06.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 27.05.22 - Year 13 Graduation
- 13.05.22 - International Days
- 06.05.22 - BISL Choir Performs at Charity Concert
- 29.04.22 - Amazing Animals Visit BISL
- 22.04.22 - Open Day Invite
- 15.04.22 - Spring Concerts
- 08.04.22 - Pro Peace Tournament
- 25.03.22 - Inaugural Show in the Performance Theatre
- 18.03.22 - Name the New Building
- 11.03.22 - International Women's Day
- 04.03.22 - Pust
- 25.02.22 - Uniform Shop Live
- 18.02.22 - Safer Internet Day
- 04.02.22 - Block 4 Thank You Message
- 28.01.22 - Winter Adventure Days
- 21.01.22 - Student Appreciation Day
- 14.01.22 - Road Safety Campaign
- 07.01.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 17.12.21 - Holiday Message
- 10.12.21 - Snowfall Fun; Road Safety
- 03.12.21 - Santa's Visit
- 26.11.21 - Holiday Decorations; Self-testing Update
- 19.11.21 - Anti-Bullying Awareness Week; Self-testing Update
- 14.11.21 - COVID-19 Update
- 05.11.21 - Halloween Celebrations; Founder's Day
- 29.10.21 - Open Day; Health & Safety FAQs
- 22.10.21 - Robotics, School Canteen
- 15.10.21 - Teacher Appreciation Day; Exam Revision
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal