It seems only yesterday since the International Days and yet so many events, activities and projects have been completed since!
Before I run through these, I would like to thank all parents for supporting our International Days events, from the Opening Ceremony to the Food Fair, it was a succession of wonderful experiences for our students, thank you.
During the block break we hosted a Year 6 LEGO Robotics programming workshop. Thank you to Mr Kokalj for leading this!
We've had maintenance updates (new stage curtain pictures below!) with improvements in the new building in the Performance Theatre, outdoor storage for Early Years (Gardening tools, resources and equipment), an upgrade with our Wifi throughout the school, textbooks arriving for 2022/23 and new student work displayed in school. Also, painting, air-con service, health and safety checks, and woodland area and site maintenance have taken place. Thank you to Andrej and the admin team for your work on this to keep our school looking fantastic and running well.
All parents should have received a list of the new teachers joining next year and the parents of our Primary classes will have received a letter from the teacher your child will have from August 2022 to introduce themselves and include some useful links.
Below, I have included some important links sent out by our School Nurse, Mrs Rismondo. These include information regarding prevention and protection of various health areas - sun protection, tick prevention and hydration - as we enjoy the summer term. Having the privilege of such a beautiful outdoor environment, warmer sunny days and working near nature also brings the opportunity for us to help keep everyone safe.
A huge well done to all students involved in the United Kingdom Mathematics Trust International Junior competition. Mathematics is a strength of our school and we have seen excellent results over the past few years through Primary and Secondary. Thank you to our Head of Mathematics, Mr. Batson, and the whole school team of Ms Zupanc, Ms Andronikos and Mr Bishop. We look forward to the next set of results in the PTM (Progress Test Maths), which start next week throughout the entire school.
We have finished a very successful Science block, please click on the link to see the wide range of wonderful Science opportunities created by our Science Team. Thank you to Ms Tušar and her team Mr MacNeill, Mr Stanic, Ms Prohart and Mr Ogrin for working with staff throughout Primary and Secondary. A massive amount of time, effort and passion into a whole host of events. Well done to everyone!
As I enter my last block as Principal of BISL, I will have a final monthly Coffee Morning on Friday 3rd June at 8.00am in the Assembly Hall for parents. I will include updates and plans moving forward for next year. It is also a chance for parents to come in, meet, mix and mingle with others in the community.
Finally, I wanted to say a big congratulations to the Year 13 class who graduated today from BISL! They have faced unique challenges over the past few years with changes to exams, online learning and much more, but the way in which they have conducted themselves has been incredibly impressive and at times, incredible by these young adults. On behalf of all of the staff at BISL, we sincerely wish each and every single one of you all of the very best in the future!
Have a lovely weekend,
Summer Safety Series by Nurse Rismondo
Science Block Roundup
During what has been a truly action-packed Science block, our students were able to engage in a number of exciting activities, igniting their curiosity and passion for all things scientific and beyond.
Mathematics Success for BISL Students
At BISL, we have always had a strong tradition of success in Mathematics and at the end of block 6, we received the results for the United Kingdom Mathematics Trust International Junior competition, which have proudly added to the outstanding achievements we have enjoyed in this academic year.
New Stage Curtains in the Performance Theatre
We are delighted with the installation of our new stage curtains in the Performance Theatre! It looks fantastic, ready for the many upcoming productions and events planned in this wonderful space.
An Outstanding Curriculum for Exemplary EAL Provision at BISL
Take a look at this brilliant article from our EAL Team on the importance of an outstanding curriculum in the success of our English provision throughout the school.
Coffee with the Principal
The final monthly Coffee Morning for the academic year will take place on Friday 3rd June at 8.00am in the Assembly Hall for parents. I will include updates and plans moving forward for the next academic year. It is also a chance for parents to come in, meet, mix and mingle with others in the community. I look forward to seeing many of you there.
Summer uniform is now in full effect with the warm weather and you are welcome to place an order online through our supplier, Trutex. Click on the link below for details.
BISL Daily Routines
- Ongoing daily clean of premises
- Classrooms are well ventilated and classroom doors remain open
- Key areas are cleaned multiple times a day (reception, classrooms, bathrooms, bannisters, door handles, etc.)
- Declaration Form to be signed by all key visitors
- Extra resources for hygiene available (sprays, wipes, gels, hand sanitisers, masks etc.)
- Temperature checks when required
- School Nurse available (full time)
- Coronavirus Prevention guidance posters displayed around school
- Smaller classes where necessary
- Lunches and snacks are served in the new canteen following the guidance from NIJZ
- Staff and parent meetings and events to be held online
- Daily review of all procedures by the Leadership Team
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 13.05.22 - International Days
- 06.05.22 - BISL Choir Performs at Charity Concert
- 29.04.22 - Amazing Animals Visit BISL
- 22.04.22 - Open Day Invite
- 15.04.22 - Spring Concerts
- 08.04.22 - Pro Peace Tournament
- 25.03.22 - Inaugural Show in the Performance Theatre
- 18.03.22 - Name the New Building
- 11.03.22 - International Women's Day
- 04.03.22 - Pust
- 25.02.22 - Uniform Shop Live
- 18.02.22 - Safer Internet Day
- 04.02.22 - Block 4 Thank You Message
- 28.01.22 - Winter Adventure Days
- 21.01.22 - Student Appreciation Day
- 14.01.22 - Road Safety Campaign
- 07.01.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 17.12.21 - Holiday Message
- 10.12.21 - Snowfall Fun; Road Safety
- 03.12.21 - Santa's Visit
- 26.11.21 - Holiday Decorations; Self-testing Update
- 19.11.21 - Anti-Bullying Awareness Week; Self-testing Update
- 14.11.21 - COVID-19 Update
- 05.11.21 - Halloween Celebrations; Founder's Day
- 29.10.21 - Open Day; Health & Safety FAQs
- 22.10.21 - Robotics, School Canteen
- 15.10.21 - Teacher Appreciation Day; Exam Revision
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal