It has been a fantastic week and what a wonderful way to finish off the week by celebrating our International Days here at BISL!
The International Days are an annual event to really raise awareness, understanding and celebration of cultures from around the world. With over 40 nationalities in our community, this enriches us and brings many opportunities for parents, students and teachers to come together as one.
Thank you to everyone for your support for this event. We had a fantastic opening ceremony on Thursday, our students were fabulous and the flags looked great. We've also enjoyed a wonderful array of professional dancing of the highest quality and an opportunity for our students to be truly inspired. With activities, parents supporting, teachers running projects in classes, everyone dressed in colours of their country or traditional dress, the International Fair this afternoon has been a big, bright and vibrant end to the week. Of course, the International food fair is always popular and it didn't disappoint! - thank you to all parents involved in this.
We really appreciate your time, effort and care spent preparing and organising the stalls and everything else this week. A very enjoyable and successful community event.
This week we also had Year 1 performing 'The Goblin Next Door', thank you to Ms Miklavec, the Year 1 team and teachers who helped and supported this event. It was incredible! Please have a look at the pictures from our gallery below.
Exams are running well, our students from Year 11 - 13 have been so focused and committed that I want to thank everyone again for how smoothly this is going.
This week, we've had Early Years out on a nature walk, playing outside and we continue to encourage this across the year groups. With the sunshine weather, it is ideal to explore outside and learn in the fresh air. We've also planted flowers in the school grounds this week, with trees, bushes and it has added a range of colour for the students to enjoy.
We've seen some building improvements with the new flags installed outside of the new building, the rail for the stage curtain (coming very soon) and also a delivery of 30 extra chairs for the Performance Theatre!
A reminder that information regarding all new staff, Primary Class Teachers for 2022/23 and new Secondary Teachers will be sent out to all parents in the community as normal this term. We aim for Monday 16th May, to send out this information to you, to give you a chance to find out more about the teachers before we welcome them into the community for August 2022. Class allocations for Primary will be included in this.
And last but certainly not least, thank you to the Science team for a fantastic Science block! We've seen a rocket competition, amazing animals visiting BISL, practicals for Primary and Secondary students, Art competition displays, daily science riddles and puns, assembly, Year 5 vehicles, boats, rocks and minerals, trip to the Botanical gardens, STEAM project and more! (Also, extra Science exam revision classes for our Year 11 - 13s).
Next block, we move from celebrating Science to PE and very excited to finish the year with a healthy and active focus!
Have a great block break!
International Days Galleries
There are so many fantastic photographs from our International Days Opening Ceremony on Thursday, take a look at our galleries below!
A huge thank you to all of our parents once again for putting on such a rich display of cultural activities, cuisine, music, games and fun during the International Fair for our community to enjoy this afternoon! Every year I am so proud of the way our community comes together to celebrate our diversity here at BISL. Thank you.
Watch out for more colourful photos on social media, and in the galleries section on our website.
Year 1 Production - The Goblin Next Door
Our Year 1s were amazing in their annual production in the Performance Theatre, congratulations! Take a look at the photo gallery here:
Ski Trip 2023
Thank you to all parents and students for attending the Ski Trip Information Evening, we hope you found the information useful.
Should you have any questions, or would like to register your child, please contact Mr Simon Astbury.
New Flags outside our New Building
In time for International Days, our new flags have arrived for the flag poles outside the new building, and they look brilliant.
Teacher Feature Series
As our Science Block celebration draws to a close, here is a brilliant interview with Mr Stanič, Physics teacher, from our Science Department.
Flowers at BISL
Even the garden is in celebration this week -
The weather is certainly warming up now, if you'd like to place an order for Summer Uniform, you can do so online through Trutex with ease. Click on the link below for details.
BISL Daily Routines
- Ongoing daily clean of premises
- Classrooms are well ventilated and classroom doors remain open
- Key areas are cleaned multiple times a day (reception, classrooms, bathrooms, bannisters, door handles, etc.)
- Declaration Form to be signed by all key visitors
- Extra resources for hygiene available (sprays, wipes, gels, hand sanitisers, masks etc.)
- Temperature checks when required
- School Nurse available (full time)
- Coronavirus Prevention guidance posters displayed around school
- Smaller classes where necessary
- Lunches and snacks are served in the new canteen following the guidance from NIJZ
- Staff and parent meetings and events to be held online
- Daily review of all procedures by the Leadership Team
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email.
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your 'junk' folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
- 06.05.22 - BISL Choir Performs at Charity Concert
- 29.04.22 - Amazing Animals Visit BISL
- 22.04.22 - Open Day Invite
- 15.04.22 - Spring Concerts
- 08.04.22 - Pro Peace Tournament
- 25.03.22 - Inaugural Show in the Performance Theatre
- 18.03.22 - Name the New Building
- 11.03.22 - International Women's Day
- 04.03.22 - Pust
- 25.02.22 - Uniform Shop Live
- 18.02.22 - Safer Internet Day
- 04.02.22 - Block 4 Thank You Message
- 28.01.22 - Winter Adventure Days
- 21.01.22 - Student Appreciation Day
- 14.01.22 - Road Safety Campaign
- 07.01.22 - Coffee with the Principal
- 17.12.21 - Holiday Message
- 10.12.21 - Snowfall Fun; Road Safety
- 03.12.21 - Santa's Visit
- 26.11.21 - Holiday Decorations; Self-testing Update
- 19.11.21 - Anti-Bullying Awareness Week; Self-testing Update
- 14.11.21 - COVID-19 Update
- 05.11.21 - Halloween Celebrations; Founder's Day
- 29.10.21 - Open Day; Health & Safety FAQs
- 22.10.21 - Robotics, School Canteen
- 15.10.21 - Teacher Appreciation Day; Exam Revision
- 08.10.21 - Coffee Morning Updates
- 24.09.21 - Block 1 review
- 17.09.21 - School Trips, Teacher Feature
- 10.09.21 - Parent Tours of the New Building, Uniform Sale
- 03.09.21 - Coffee with the Principal & PTA Mini Breakfast
- 27.08.21 - New Building Quick Facts, Events On Site
- 20.08.21 - Welcome Back Update from the Principal
- 13.08.21 - End of Summer Update from the Principal