OUR GOAL IS TO BRING JOY TO over 100 CHILDREN
We are delighted to say that this year we will be continuing to support the Trije Zimski Botri charity organisation with the driving force behind it all of Mrs Maja N. and our wonderful PTA. In these unusual circumstances it is even more important for us to come together as a community and wherever possible help those that are in need.
Over the last few years that we have been involved in this wonderful project, we have seen our enthusiasm grow. Each year, we have made more and more children happy, last year with an incredible 120 gifts. This year, we are aiming for the same enthusiasm, kindness and empathy from our BISL community.
The Three Winter Godfathers
The project we are involved with, began 8 years ago with the help of three people and their friends, during the winter festive days to help children in need. Already in the first year more than 500 children from all over Slovenia were given presents and gifts. Now, the Trije Zimski Botri is a project, which made more than 2,000 children happy last year alone.
Because we want every child to get exactly what they wanted, the gifting is done in such a way that, in cooperation with the units of the Association of Friends of Youth of Slovenia (Zveza prijateljev mladine Slovenija) and other humanitarian and charity associations and organisations, we receive letters from children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
How can you get involved?
- Choose a letter or more from - PRIMARY, your class parent representative or - SECONDARY, your child’s form tutor. STAFF - see Mrs. Charlesworth. This letter package will contain 3 things, 1 is the letter written by an under-privileged child, the next has the instructions on how to go about the process (in Slovene and English, where necessary), the third gives a few details about the child's home situation as well as some necessary details for the child e.g. shoe number size, jacket size etc.
- Buy the gift, wrap it very well. Then stick the bar code (which is on top of one of the papers you will get) onto the present, so that it stays on well.
- Please deliver this present directly to Zveza Prijateljev Mladine Ljubljana Moste-Polje (Proletarska Cesta 1, 1000 Ljubljana). The due date is the 15th of December 2020, delivery times are detailed below.
- If you are unable to buy the presents, please give the letter back to the class parent or form tutor as soon as possible, so that we can re-gift the letter.
Let's help teach our children that giving is just as much fun as receiving presents and that every one of us can make a big difference to other people's lives.
Gifts can be dropped of at the following times at Zveza prijateljev mladine Ljubljana Moste-Polje, Proletarska cesta 1, 1000 Ljubljana:
- Tuesday 8th December between 8:30 - 12:00 or 17:00 - 18:00
- Wednesday 9th December between 8:30 - 12:00
- Thursday 10th December between 8:30 - 12:00 or 17:00 - 18:00
- Tuesday 15th December between8:30 - 12:00 or 17:00 - 18:00
- Thursday 17th December between 8:30 - 12:00 or 17:00 - 18:00
THANK YOU for your support in advance,
CARING FOR THE COMMUNITY TEAM & BISL PTA