Bringing joy to over 100 children this holiday season!
In partnership with Zveza prijateljev mladine Ljubljana Moste-Polje, we are delighted to be continuing to support this special holiday initiative with the help of our generous community. In these unusual circumstances it is even more important for us to come together to help those in need wherever possible.
Over the past few years that we have been involved in this wonderful project, everyone's enthusiasm has continued to grow. Each year, we have made more and more children happy, last year with an incredible 150 gifts! This year, we are aiming for the same kindness, generosity, empathy and enthusiasm from our BISL community.
Association of Friends of Youth of Ljubljana Moste-Polje
ZPM Ljubljana Moste-Polje is a non-governmental, voluntary, philanthropic and non-profit organisation with the aim to raise the quality of life for children, young people and families, to represent their interests and protect their rights.
Through this holiday project, children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds write a letter with their holiday wish, and in order for every child to get exactly what they wanted, the gifting is done in such a way that, in cooperation with the ZPM Ljubljana Moste-Polje, we distribute these letters from the children across our community.
How it works
1. Pick up a letter or more from:
- PRIMARY - your Class Parent Representative
- SECONDARY - your child’s Form Tutor
- STAFF - see Ms Sandra Fekete
This letter package will contain 3 things:
- the letter written by an under-privileged child.
- instructions on how to go about the process, including a bar code to stick on your package for identification.
- a few details about the child's home situation, as well as some necessary details for the child e.g. shoe number size, jacket size etc.
2. Buy the gift, wrap it very well. Then stick the bar code (which is part of the letter package you received) onto the present, so that it stays on well.
3. Deliver your present to BISL and place it under the tree by reception.
The due date for present delivery to BISL is the Monday 13th of December 2021.
4. If you are unable to fulfil your gift for any reason, please return the letter back to the Class Parent Representative or Form Tutor as soon as possible, so that we can re-distribute the letter.
Let's instil in our children that giving is just as much fun as receiving presents, and that every one of us can make a big difference to other people's lives.
For further information, please contact your Class Parent Representative, Form Tutor or Ms Sandra Fekete directly.