In line with yesterday's government announcement that masks will be mandatory indoors, we have decided to reintroduce masks at school for the protection of our community. Safety is our number one priority at the British International School of Ljubljana.
The year groups and staff who require to wear masks are illustrated in the table below.
The above mask guidance will continue to be followed from tomorrow and the remainder of this academic year next week, with the last day of school being Wednesday 1st July (pick up at 12 noon). Further health & safety updates will follow for the summer school. To see all guidance and Health advice please click on our page here.
In school, we continue to hold meetings online and avoid larger group gatherings. Alongside masks, we encourage the use of hand sanitisers and wipes upon entering classrooms, using toilets and cleaning surfaces before/after eating. Access to the building is suspended for all parents, unless prior appointments have been made and guidance followed.
Outside of school, our staff continue to follow health advice and avoid attending various types of public gatherings at this time. As professionals, we continue to keep the safety and wellbeing of everyone as a priority.
We look forward to celebrating International Day tomorrow, Friday 26th June. This year due to COVID-19, we have unfortunately removed workshops, food stalls and other events planned in association with this event, however we encourage students and staff to wear traditional dress or the colours of their country as this does not affect the safety measures in place.
- Friday 19th June – Outstanding PTE and PTM results
- Friday 12th June – New Staff Profiles and welcome letters
- Friday 5th June – Updates to Safety Guidance
- Friday 29th May – Transition back
- Friday 22nd May – First week back
- Friday 15th May – BISL Reopening Procedure Guidance.
- Friday 8th May – Reopening Guidance.
- Friday 1st May – Using Canvas and E-Safety.
- Friday 24th April – Successes and Challenges of Online Learning.
- Friday 17th April – The FAQs, current processes and the looking ahead for our school.
- Friday 10th April – The Five Improvement Areas created during the block break after the first two weeks of Online Learning.
- Monday 30th March – The Block Break Plan for the 2 Week Evaluation and Key Communication from the School.
- Friday 13th March – Frequently Asked Questions.