Parents are an integral part of the BISL community, and not just for bringing their children to and from school and making sure they do their homework!
All parents whose children attend BISL are automatically members of our Parents and Teachers Association (PTA). The PTA has played a key role in the development and social activities of BISL since the school’s foundation and provides a structure through which the parents and teachers can work together for the best possible experience for the students and community through:
- sharing information about the school;
- organising social events for the school community;
- providing a social network for new families;
- assisting in learning activities and trips;
- establishing other contacts with the broader community.
If you wish to take a leading role in the PTA, volunteer for school events, or if you have any suggestions or comments on the working of the PTA, please feel free to contact the PTA chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both through the PTA and as individuals, parents can also support the students by, for example:
- coming in to class to assist with reading activities;
- acting as ‘Class Parent’;
- assisting in the Library;
- helping supervise class trips;
- giving presentations in school and organising visits to various places of work or interest.
The school also offers a growing number of activities for parents. Music lessons as part of BIMS and our parent-teacher bands and choirs are well-established, and the school and PTA are exploring possibilities for activities such as adult English and Slovene lessons.
BISL parents are welcome to get involved also by joining our PTA group on Facebook.