Admission is by interview with the Principal. We also take into account documentation and references from the student’s current school, English language requirements (for entry into Years 10 and 12) and if the school can meet any specific learning needs as appropriate.
This page summarises the BISL Admissions Process:
1) An Initial Meeting is arranged with the Admissions Manager for everyone to ask questions, meet the teachers, take a tour of the facility and get to know each other, in order to assess whether the student is likely to succeed at BISL. The family usually then leaves to discuss whether they wish to proceed.
2) To help with this decision process, we encourage families to take advantage of a Taster Day, when the student joins the school for a full day. A Home Information Form should be completed and submitted to the Admissions Manager before the visit.
3) The Admissions Manager will send a follow-up email requesting a decision, along with a Joining Pack which includes an Application Form, the Terms and Conditions for the coming academic year, the Schedule of Fees & Charges, the Mission, Values and Vision Statement and the Equal Opportunities and Concerns & Complaints Policies. Parents state that they agree to these documents when they sign the Acceptance Form. Since places are limited and demand is high, families are advised to act promptly to avoid disappointment.
4) The family submits the completed Application Form with the supporting documents (student’s photo, passport or ID copy, and two most-recent end-of-term reports), Payment of Fees Form, and two copies of the Acceptance Form to the Admissions Manager.
5) The Principal examines the Application Form and may contact the Student's current and/or previous school(s) for additional information if appropriate.
6) If the Principal is satisfied that BISL is the right school for the students, an Offer Letter will be sent to the Parents (which may specify certain special conditions), together with an Invoice for Initial Charges (Registration Fee and Enrolment Deposit).
7) The parents pay the Initial Charges.
8) The Admissions Manager sends a Confirmation Letter and returns a countersigned copy of the Acceptance Form to the parents.
9) The student's place is now formally reserved.